Richard St. John 成功学专家，市场营销师
以下为Richard St. John官网的一些介绍，懒了，就只翻译部分吧。
Richard St. John is a success expert, but has he ever achieved any personal success himself? Let’s see what he’s done:
- Achieved corporate success as ten-year member of scientific staff at Nortel’s R&D labs
- Achieved entrepreneurial success as founder of The St. John Group.
- Won highest awards in business communications.
- Became a millionaire.
- Has a black belt in judo.
- Cycled halfway around the world on a ten-speed bike.
- Ran over 50 marathons on all seven continents.
- Climbed two of the world’s seven summits.
What makes St. John different? Richard St. John的与众不同之处在于——
- He spent ten years researching success and doing over 500 interviews with many “greats”. 花了十年时间研究和访问了500位成功人士。
- Spoke face-to-face with Bill Gates, Martha Stewart, the Google founders, etc. 与比尔·盖茨等名人面谈过。
- Created one of the world’s largest databases on success. 创造了世界上关于成功的最强大数据库。
- Discovered The 8 Traits Successful People have in Common. 发现了8个成功的关键。
- Wrote the bestselling book 8 To Be Great. 写了一本叫做《成功的8个秘诀》的书。
- Is consistently rated the “Most Inspirational Speaker” by audiences.
- Has shared the stage with Richard Branson, Bill Gates, and General David Petraeus.
- On the prestigious TED.com website, his talk is in the top 20 “Most Viewed” out of 700 great talks.
- It’s also in TED’s “Favorites,” “Most Inspirational,” “Funniest,” and “Most Translated” categories.
Richard St. John 2005年在TED演讲：成功的8个秘诀Richard St. John’s ：8 secrets of success
1.PASSION热情 Do it for love,Not Money 爱上这事情，而不是为了钱。
2.Work努力工作 It’s all hard work.Nothing come easily.But I have a lot of Fun.——Rupert Murdoch, big cheese CEO
3.Good把它做好 To be successful,put your nose down in something and get damn good at it.——Alex Garden, game developer
4.Focus专注 I think it all has to do with focusing yourself to one thing——Norman Jewison,filmmaker
5.Push推动/敦促 Push yourself,Physically mentally,you gotta PUSH PUSH PUSH——David Gallo,marine scientist
6.Serve服务 It was aprivelege to serve ad a doctor.—–Sherwin nuland ,profassor of surgery Yale
7.IDEAS创意 Listen/be curous/observe/ask questions/problem/solve/make connetions
8.Persist坚持 Persistence is the number one reason for our success—–Joe Kraus ,co-founder,Excite